Jackson Flute Studio
As Principal Flute of the Mississippi Symphony Orchestra, Amulet Strange is a very sought after flute teacher in the Jackson area. Ms. Strange teaches students of all ages and experience levels. Many of her students are first chair in their school band programs, place well in their local band clinic auditions, and can be heard sharing their talent at church.
Teaching is a rewarding journey with every student. I am passionate about putting the “fun” in FUNdamentals, securing internal pulse, expanding musicality, and giving my students a lesson environment that nourishes growth.
– Adjunct Instructor of Flute at Jackson State University and Mississippi College since 2015
– Guest Clinician and masterclass teacher at Mid-South and Louisiana Flute Society Festivals
– Masterclass Instructor for Carroll High School band camp flute section on TMEA All-State etudes 2019
– Sectional Coach for Jackson Academy band flute section 2015-2016
– Flute Instructor in Cypress Fairbanks I.S.D. at Truitt Middle School, Aragon Middle School, and Cypress Fairbanks High School 2012-2015
– Flute Instructor in Fort Bend I.S.D. at Sartartia Middle School 2014-2015
– Private Flute Teacher since 2012
– Master of Music – Flute Performance from Rice University, studied with Leone Buyse
– Bachelor of Music – Flute Performance from San Francisco Conservatory of Music, studied with Tim Day
– High School Diploma from Interlochen Arts Academy, studied with Nancy Stagnitta
Starting Flute Lessons
Flute Lessons are taught online (via FaceTime, Skype, Zoom or GoogleMeet) or at my home in the Fondren neighborhood of Jackson. I typically advise beginning students to start with 30 minute lessons. More advanced students will be advised to move up to 45 minute or 60 minute lessons as their playing level progresses. Before making any financial or time commitments, we can set up an initial meeting or phone call to go over any questions and cover my lesson policy. Please visit my Contact page to set up an initial meeting or get on the lesson schedule.
Need some fresh ideas for practicing your scales? Check out this Scale Practice PDF I made for my high school students.
My former teacher Timothy Day
My former teacher Nancy Stagnitta